Many times on a home inspection I see the makings of a dryer fire. This is unfortunate AND dangerous. Here are a few simple steps you can take to make sure that you do not have this occur in your home.
- Clean the lint trap after every load of laundry
- clean the inside of the dryer as well (the lint trap doesn't catch every bit of lint)
- Keep the area around the dryer clear of debris and clutter
- Check gas lines (if you have a gas dryer) for any gas leaks or other issues
- Check and clean the vent hose regularly.
Questions? Contact me!